Your Moments, Your Memories™
AUSTIN Portrait, HEADSHOT, & DANCE PHOTOGRAPHER
Local Award-Winning Austin Headshot Photographer specializing in headshots, portraits, and dance photography
Doc has been creating photographic images and memories since his teenage years. Doc and his brother had their first darkroom in the closet, hallway, and bathroom of their New York City apartment. What began as a creative hobby has transformed over time into an accomplished and extraordinarily fulfilling career.
His inspiration is found in photographing individuals from all walks of life. Doc always aims to capture creative energy and the authentic essence that is you in the most beautiful lighting available.
Doc finds great joy in celebrating the diversity around him and sharing his view of people and the world through the lens of his camera. Doc owns and operates his photography studio out of Austin, TX where he provides portrait photography for couples, individuals and familes, headshot photography, and dance photography for ballet and other dancers.
Doc has been awarded the Master of Photography and Photographic Craftsman degrees by the Professional Photographers of America.
As a presenter and teacher, Doc has presented workshops and shorter sessions to local, state, and national events.
Memberships & Awards
PPA: Master of Photography, Photographic Craftsman, Bronze Photographer of the Year
Austin PPA: Past President, Fellow, Former Board Member
Texas Professional Photographers Association: Executive Council Member, Council Treasurer, Council Secretary, Associate Fellow
Photography Workshops in Austin, TX
If I could have my way you would be as informed, educated, and skilled as I can help you to get.
Doc List's Dance Photography Experience
Sure, you could recruit or hire a dancer and take pictures. But wouldn't you like the images you capture to be breathtaking?
- Photograph dancers using studio lights in ways you haven’t thought of.
- Learn how to communicate and collaborate with dancers.
- Everyone gets time to photograph the dancers.
- Learn to work with props, fabric, and furniture.
Doc List's Fine Art Photography Experience
If you love the human body the way that I do, then this workshop is for you!
- Work with experienced models to capture and create fine art images.
- Learn how to pose the model and communicate effectively.
- You will learn as much from the model as from the instructor.
- This is held in the studio with the doors locked.
- Experiment with lighting and props and fabrics.
Compositing to Create Remarkable Art
This workshop takes you to the next level!
- Learn to put your subject into a new location and make it believable.
- This is a hands-on workshop in Doc’s studio. You will create composites several times.
- You receive a handout with step-by-step instructions.
- This is a 7-hour workshop (full day) with a one-hour lunch break.
Frequently Asked Questions
Capture special moments which he will patiently wait for while you interact. Wait for the right lighting when working outside to complement your images. Wait for everyone to get used to the camera so they relax and show their true character.
Perhaps it’s prudent to pack a few snacks.
A good headshot photographer will do all the headshots in studio or at a chosen location for individuals or a single company creating a cohesive look and feel. This will add to the perception of professionalism on the part of potential customers and clients who see the photographs. Professional photos are a huge step up from a selfie or personal photos.
Lighting, posing, clothing, and makeup choices may be very different depending on whether you are taking a professional headshot or creating a portrait.
When you come to my studio, you’ll be greeted by a luxurious space full of plenty of room and endless possibilities for lighting, backdrops, and even the use of props. There are natural surroundings just outside the studio. It’s a place to relax and have fun.